Phil Huff has spent 20 years working around cars in one way or another. After starting a motor racing career, the realities of funding shortfalls bit hard, but not until one championship title had been won.
Using his knowledge of the sport, Phil then spent years writing for SportNetwork, covering Formula One and the politics behind the racing. Breaking a number of world exclusives, Phil is proud to have been part of the team that increased page views at the network to over 15 million per month.
Now switching to the less glamorous but every bit as exciting arena of road cars, Phil is building a career driving and writing about the latest new cars and vans. A member of the Midland Group of Motoring Writers, Phil’s work has been published in outlets as diverse as Cambridge Business, Car Dealer Magazine, Gocompare.com, RoadTestReports.co.uk and Fleet World, along with many others.
That work has included some dramatic projects, such as finding out just how much fun you can have in a Toyota Prius, driving a solar-powered racing car through the streets of Cambridge, and getting behind the wheel of iconic cars such as the DeLorean DMC-12 and Jensen Interceptor.
There have been learner drivers thrust in to tiny city cars and monstrous pickup trucks on the same day, putting tyres to the test in a Toyota GT86 at Spain’s Parcmotor Castelloli and road tests of custom-built sportscars. Launch events have included cars from the stylish Vauxhall Adam to the world premieres of the Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II and Rolls-Royce Wraith.
Getting behind the wheel of around 100 cars a year, Phil has driven everything from a prototype hydrogen-powered car valued at £6.5 million and a priceless 1958 Chevrolet Impala to the cheapest Dacia Sandero and most expensive Rolls-Royce Phantom.
If you need an engaging, lively, knowledgeable and enthusiastic writer to communicate with your audience, Phil Huff is clearly your man. Contact him right here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AOL Cars: Short, snappy features from Top 5 Beatles cars to Volkswagen pricing.
- Business Car Manager: Reviewing the latest models with a particular focus on BIK, P11D, CO2 and other acronyms.
- Cambridge Business: Motoring content with a business twist, with items as divers as a Porsche 911 restoration project to road testing the latest fleet friendly cars.
- Cambridge Magazine: Road testing premium brands for this new glossy lifestyle magazine.
- Cambridge News: Road tests, including the Dacia Duster, Toyota GT86, Vauxhall Adam, Volvo V40 Cross Country and MG6 DTi-TECH.
- Car Dealer Magazine: Long Term test report and general editorial content.
- Confused.com: F1 feature articles.
- ContractHireAndLeasing.com: Bangers to Bentleys: Weekly Column.
- Covered Mag from Gocompare.com: Weekly road tests and general motoring content.
- Diesel Car Magazine: New product launches.
- Eco Car Magazine: New cars with sub-100g/km CO2 emissions.
- Fleet Directory: Producing content for fleet managers and company car drivers.
- Fleet World: Road testing the latest cars for business buyers.
- Gareth Jones on Speed: Talking Toyota GT86 on WhizzBang TV’s motoring podcast.
- MotorMorph: Goodwood Festival of Speed coverage.
- Motor Trader: Award winning trade magazine, covering new product launches for dealers.
- RoadTestReports.co.uk: Road tests for vehicles as diverse as the Toyota Verso-S and Vauxhall Combo Sportive.
- TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk: Eco news and features, including an article about and drive of CUER’s solar-powered race car.
- The VanWebsite.co.uk: Commercial road tests including the Ford Ranger, Great Wall Steed, Isuzu D-Max, Mitsubishi L200, Toyota Hilux and Vauxhall Combo.